By Matthew A. McIntosh / 03.24.2016:
Donald Trump retweeted the following sexist image comparing Heidi Cruz to his wife, Melania Trump:
Once again, Mr. “I’ll Be the Best for Women” shows he won’t. This man’s consistent degradation of women has been abundantly clear. How the many that do support him live with their conscience is beyond understanding.
Let’s look at what this misogynist has said in the past:
- 1990 to Vanity Fair about then-wife Ivana Trump: “I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”
- Tweet in 2013 about women in the military: “26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”
- In ‘How to Get Rich’ in 2004, on women appearing on ‘The Apprentice’: “It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.”
- In 1991 to Esquire: “You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
- To a female reporter: “I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn’t matter, but the look obviously matters. Like you wouldn’t have your job if you weren’t beautiful.”
- To a lawyer in 2011 who needed a break in deposition to breastfeed her baby, “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there.'”
- In “Trump: The Art of the Comeback” in 1997: “The most difficult aspect of the prenuptial agreement is informing your future wife (or husband): I love you very much, but just in case things don’t work out, this is what you will get in the divorce. There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else. The other is the calculating woman who refuses to sign the prenuptial agreement because she is expecting to take advantage of the poor, unsuspecting sucker she’s got in her grasp. There is also the woman who will openly and quickly sign a prenuptial agreement in order to make a quick hit and take the money given to her.”
- In “Trump: The Art of the Comeback” in 1997: “Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.”
- In a 2006 interview with Larry King, “[Angelina Jolie’s] been with so many guys she makes me look like a baby… And, I just don’t even find her attractive.”
- In a Tweet in 2012: “While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct.”
- In “TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald” in 2005: “My favorite part [of ‘Pulp Fiction’] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that bitch to be cool. Say: ‘Bitch be cool.’ I love those lines.”
- To New York Times columnist Gail Collins: “During one down period, I referred to him in print as a ‘financially embattled thousandaire’ and he sent me a copy of the column with my picture circled and ‘The Face of a Dog!’ written over it.”
- In “How to Get Rich” in 2004: “All of the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
His reputation clearly established, the man just cannot stop himself. It’s like a disease.
But CNN’s Kate Bolduan took Trump’s campaign spokesman, Stephen Miller, to task and raked him over the coals as he defended (badly) his boss:
This is the team of people that want to occupy the Oval Office and represent our nation to the entire world. This is the GOP frontrunner, and that doesn’t speak well for the party.
They all need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they’re willing to sell their souls simply to keep a Democrat out of the White House.