Personal hygiene should be maintained for your self-care. Personal hygiene involves taking care of the body by bathing, cleaning teeth, washing hair and hands, wearing clean clothes, etc. There are many products, including soaps, deodorant balm, creams, nail clippers, etc. that help you to maintain personal hygiene. People who know the importance of maintaining personal hygiene buy lots of products to uphold their sanitation and purity.
Some people confuse which product will be best suitable for them as it is an integral part of overall cleanliness. You don’t need to worry about this as here you will find the things to consider before buying personal hygiene products.
Important points to consider while choosing a hygiene product
When it comes to maintaining basic hygiene, the first idea that comes to your mind is skin, hand, and tooth hygiene. These are the parts where sufficient attention and care are required to have an active body. So here are some criteria that should be followed for a good lifestyle.
What are the criteria for choosing hygiene products for skin and hair?
Your skin and scalp are delicate parts of the body, and they need special care. When you are buying any product, ensure the following:-
- Choose products according to your skin type. There are many brands that provide a wide range of products specifically for a particular skin type. People have different types of scalp like oily, dry, dandruff, itchy, etc. There are various brands making creams, face wash, shampoos, and conditioners specifically for them.
- You should know which formulations can affect your skin. Before purchasing any product, do check on its components. Deter the use of shampoos containing sulfate, formaldehyde, parabens, and hexachlorophene. Parabens used as preservatives in cosmetics like shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, etc., can mimic hormones in the body and cause cellular damage. Formaldehyde found in many shampoos, lotions, soaps, makeup products in short-term exposure causes allergy. The Environment Protection Agency has categorized this chemical as a “probable carcinogen.”
- Instead of these harmful chemicals-containing products, natural products are an excellent alternative that contains no to fewer chemicals.
- Always buy genuine and original products from trusted companies.
- Avoid using those products which cause side effects on the skin like redness, itchiness, acne, rashes, etc. For better assistance, consult a dermatologist to get a proper idea of the right product.
What are the criteria for choosing a hygiene product for hands?
When you are choosing a good product for hand hygiene, whether it is hand wash or hand cream, then you need to consider some important factors as follows:-
- When you are using bar soaps for hand wash purposes, there is a greater chance of contamination. Liquid soaps are far better than bar soaps, but the risk of contamination is still there. In this case, alcohol-based rubs are useful with a lower risk of contamination.
- You should ensure that your product has antiseptic properties. Antiseptic properties are important to stop the growth of microorganisms or pathogens present in your hand.
- You should check the fragrance, texture (foam, solutions, gel), and stickiness of the product before use. It should be easy to use without causing allergies.
- Different washes have a varied time of drying. You can choose according to your convenience. Choose an easily accessible product.
What are the criteria for choosing hygiene products for teeth?
Proper cleaning of teeth is the basic requirement. Following are the ways by which you will able to choose a decent product:-
- When choosing a manual toothbrush, you should consider its bristle type with a small head for all-around cleanliness. After all, it will be going to clean every corner of the teeth. Choose the bristle as per the sensitivity of your tooth and gums.
- To remove plaque between teeth, water flossers can be used. These oral irrigators, with a combination of water and air, gently cleanse the plague glued in between the teeth, which were difficult to clean.
- To protect your teeth from cavities and other gum problems, you should use a premium-quality Mouthwash. Mouthwash will take away harmful microorganisms with it.
- When it comes to toothpaste, fluorides containing toothpaste are considered effective in removing cavities. You can choose a gel or paste-type toothpaste according to your preference. Toothpaste is responsible for making your mouth smell good and feel fresh. For sensitive teeth, don’t use whitening toothpaste.
Sustaining proper hygiene is as important as food every day. Good sanitation prevents several diseases like ringworm, scabies, tooth decay, chronic diarrhea, and many more diseases. Hygiene affects social, mental, and physical life; therefore, it should be in a routine.
Various products like hand washes, shampoos, soaps, conditioners, toothpaste, etc., make it easy to clean your body. Hence, it’s necessary to choose the right product for different body parts. The main focus should be on its chemical composition. Avoid using products full of chemicals; instead, go for natural products. Natural products have lesser side effects and are body friendly.