Researching and Writing a History Dissertation
The most important condition in how to write a history dissertation: the work must be relevant, have scientific novelty and practical value.
You can get a Ph.D. in historical sciences in the disciplines:
1. Domestic and foreign history.
2. Archeology and anthropology.
3. Ethnology and Ethnography.
5. History of science and technology.
6. Methods of scientific research.
7. History of international relations and foreign policy.
It is very important to choose a good academic advisor. You should not choose the professor who has a very busy work schedule, constant trips and very little free time as his leader. Such a person, of course, is very experienced and it would be nice to learn from him, but he simply will not be able to pay enough attention to you, and, as a result, the dissertation will be written much worse than if you had a lesser-known teacher as the head. But, do not forget, personal relations between you should be at least neutral, you should feel respect for each other.
A dissertation on history should not differ sharply from generally accepted standards of design and writing. Only the design requirements change, but the content so far is subject to established standards. If you need extra help with your proposal work, you need to carefully choose a UK service that is providing outstanding dissertation proposal writing help. Such works are often defended, perhaps due to the fact that being a teacher after graduation does not attract every graduate, but a scientific degree may be of interest. But for this, it is necessary to understand where to start and how to write a dissertation on history.
Here is a list for history dissertation structure:
The introduction of the dissertation should consist of the rationale for the choice of the research topic and its relevance and significance.
The first chapter is a literary review. As sources, you can use candidate dissertations, monographs, and articles. It is important to keep in mind that in this section, the use of links to the source used is mandatory. The chapter assumes masterly mastery of the material.
The second chapter is devoted to research methods. The graduate student must show the ability to set goals and purposefully go towards its achievement, having theoretical and practical experience. The chapter contains an investigation of time and space, studies historical facts and their consequences, and defines an approach to preparing solutions that will help avoid future problems.
The third chapter is most interesting, as it presents the results of research by the author. They should be presented in graphical form using charts, tables and graphs.
The fourth chapter contains a discussion of the results and conclusions. The results are published in scientific journals, as this is a mandatory requirement for dissertation works.
Applications usually contain data that is necessary to understand the progress of the study.
After the examination of the dissertation in the council has passed and the date of defense has been set, it is necessary to prepare properly so that the results of the work do not go in vain. For protection to succeed, the following aspects must be considered:
1. Do not use intermediate phrases in the presentation, only the results obtained.
2. To be able to argue the relevance and lack of knowledge of the problem.
3. It is important to formulate a goal and objectives, a hypothesis – these positions are the methodological basis.
4. List the novelty of the work on theoretical aspects, methodology, experiments, tools, data processing methods. Usually, these points are contained in the abstract.
5. Clearly formulate the results of their work, which are obtained after the study. The presentation of information must necessarily be supported by illustrative material.
6. It is necessary to convince the commission of the practical significance of the results.
7. Observe different rhythms of speech so that there is no feeling of monotony.
After the defense, the applicant will be asked questions, based on the results, a decision will be made on the assignment of a candidate of historical sciences.