Eyeglasses have become more of fashion wear now. But as effortless as it is a fashion statement, as difficult as buying the right eyeglasses that suit you the best. And what is more regretful than choosing the wrong eyewear? So, buying a pair of eyeglasses has to be a carefully taken decision and requires a lot of understanding of what style suits you when you are browsing glasses brands like Lensmart.
In this era of fashion and trends, it becomes all the more important to correctly choose the apt fashionwear which not only goes with your personality and looks but also goes perfectly with what you are wearing.
Some of the parameters you must always keep in mind before choosing a pair of eyeglasses are as follows:
All of us have the same 22 bones which comprise our skull, yet we all have a different shaped face. And so, it becomes important to understand which type of eyeglasses will look good on the type of face we have.
Numerous websites give you the exact information about the shape of your face; you just need to measure along cheekbones, jawlines, forehead, and the overall length and width of your face. Following are the various types of face shapes and the glasses which will suit them the best.
- Round face- this face is round and curvaceous; the jawline has a soft angle. Angular and sharp lenses do the best balancing of round faces.
- Square face- all measurements of a square face are nearly equal. This type of face is sharp and angular at the jawlines. The best suited are round or oval-shaped lenses to balance the angular look.
- Oblong face- the face length is the largest in such faces; the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are all about similar in size.
- Oval face- an oval face is slightly different from an oblong face as the cheekbones are the widest. All styles of frames and lenses go well with this kind of face.
- Diamond face- this kind of face is the rarest to find. The chin is pointed, with wide cheeks, a narrow hairline, and a small forehead. Rounded lenses are a perfect fit for this type.
- Triangular face- this face is characterized by a larger jawline, smaller cheekbones, and smallest forehead. Aviator glasses (with a bar on top) and browline glasses should be preferred.
- Heart-shaped face- this kind of face has a narrow pointed chin, and the face widens towards the forehead; the forehead is the widest part.
- Rectangular face- it is generally a combination of a square and an oval/oblong face. Cat-eyes and oversized glasses are a good fit.
If you are going to a house party at a friend’s, you might prefer funky and colorful eyeglasses. If you have an important presentation in the office, preferably dark shades of blue, brown, and black will go with your formal dressing. And if it is just another day at the office, you might prefer a medium tone of any color.
Skin tones are generally of three kinds: warm (green or yellow undertones), cool (bluish undertone), and neutral (if your eyes are hazel). Different skin undertones mean different skin tones, and thus different colors suit each type of skin tone.
Another important thing is the color of your hair. Black and other dark shades color frames generally go with every hair color, and people with black hair look good in all color frames. Blue, green, and red go great with gray hair, whereas softer shades of blue must be preferred by people with brown hair.
Apart from all the fashion parameters, one essential factor in determining the perfect eyeglasses is comfort. So whichever pair you choose, make sure it is comfortable.
The cult of wearing eyeglasses is increasing these days, as it is worn not only by people with weak eyesight but also by those who wish to prevent their eyesight from getting weak in the form of anti-glare and blue-cut lenses.
And if you want to save yourself from a fashion blunder, do not forget to consider these points seriously while choosing a pair of glasses for yourself.